Tuesday, 3 June 2014

Abandoned

Debris littered the ground, bullet shells and shards of glass glinted in the dim light of the fast fading sun.  As I walked down the path of cracked flag stones I became more and more apprehensive but I forced myself onward.  It had been years since I had been back but I could still remember every twist, turn, passage and path... or at least how it used to be.  The seemingly endless meadow of pansies and tulips had disappeared and in it's place a patch of dirt and sand was left as was what used to be a beautiful garden of fountains and mazes.  Seeing this I hoped the house had been the mainly protected point (but secretly I braced myself for the horribly inevitable truth).  As I turned the bend that truth was realised; what had happened here?  Ivy and weeds draped the once great house and nearly succeeded in hiding the broken windows and empty rooms from my tear-filled eyes.  This was my home ... And I had destroyed it!

Description written by Corinne.

3 comments:

  1. What a great piece of writing, Corinne! I really want to know what is going to happen next - when do you release your novel?! Miss Campbell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderfully descriptive. Great imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a fantastic descriptive piece of writing! I was hooked right from the beginning. I am so delighted to be able to read your work, keep it up!

    Mrs M

    ReplyDelete