Thursday, 4 September 2014

Abi - I want to be a Computer Games Developer

When I grow up I want to be a Computer Games Developer and make loads of fun new games. I want to be a Games Developer because I love playing computer games and think I could make excellent new games. Before I knew I wanted to be a Games Developer, my dad suggested it to me when I pointed out what could make a game I play better.

I have an account on a website called "Splodder" that allows me to design a pixelated platform game, and even though I don't have to program anything, I have some in making the layout of a game. I believe this would help my chances of getting this job.

In class, when I took an assessment, I was classed as a detailer, which is linked to this job. I also searched up this job on the National Career Service website, and understand that for this job I will have to have excellent computer skills, need to be good at designing/animating and bringing characters and scenery to life, and have patience and attention to detail. I need a wide knowledge and understanding of games and creativity and imagination, and I believe I have both. This job also involves being able to work under pressure to meet deadlines, and I am comfortable with spending most of my time at a computer. I will need to take classes for Software Engineering, Animation and Graphics Design.

No comments:

Post a Comment